This article describes OnePlan's recommendations and best practices for the Azure DevOps Plans Hierarchy integration.
In OnePlan, the default Plan Types include: Portfolio, Program, Project, Epic, Objective, Idea, and Key Result. If the Work Item Type differs from these specified values, the plan will be imported but not accurately. Consequently, it might be perceived as 'missing' from the My Portfolio page.
While in OnePlan, navigate to Config > General > Plan Types > Add Type. Add the Work Item Type to the desired hierarchy level. Once complete, feel free to run the OnePlanUpdate strategy against a single plan to verify it worked.
This field is case sensitive, if the values do not match exactly, the plan type field will remain blank.
To verify the import status of your plan, navigate to Home > Plans > All Plans. Search for the plan by its name. If the plan appears, check the 'Plan Type' column. If it's empty, you'll need to manually assign a valid plan type. To do this, use the Reorganize button located within the hamburger menu on the left side of the plan name.
- Enable the option Allow creation & editing of work items in OnePlan to be brought into Azure DevOps.
- Verify that the field mappings for both directions are accurately set. Avoid modifying any fields marked as Required in the Field Mappings section. To adjust mappings, click on the arrows connecting the saved options.
- For values that differ between Azure DevOps and OnePlan, particularly with Choice fields, add Value Mappings to ensure proper synchronization.
Each integration will be connected to a single Azure DevOps Organization.
It is highly recommended to allocate a distinct OnePlan Authentication Key for each integration. This practice enhances security and ensures clear identification for each integration.
To facilitate synchronization and differentiation among the Azure DevOps organizations, assign a unique name to each integration. This name serves as a distinguisher when exporting data from OnePlan. To set the Unique Name:
- Access Additional Options within OneConnect Integration section.
- Locate and complete the Button Name field, specifying the name that signifies the Azure DevOps organization being synched to.
- Click Save.
Complete the next steps only if Azure DevOps is already connected/installed into your OnePlan group.
- Access Reinstall within OneConnect Advanced section of the integration.
- Click Start.
Note: Reinstalling the integration will reinstall the events into the OnePlan integration section. If previously removed, please delete the event again.