In OnePlan, the default Plan Types include: Portfolio, Program, Project, Epic, Objective, Idea, and Key Result. If the Work Item Type differs from these specified values, the plan will be imported but not accurately. Consequently, it might be perceived as 'missing' from the My Portfolio page.
To assign a Plan Type for Jira Projects, type in the desired OnePlan Plan Type into the OnePlan Default Plan Type field located within the OnePlan connector.
My Plan is Missing from My Portfolio
To verify the import status of your plan, navigate to Home > Plans > All Plans. Search for the plan by its name. If the plan appears, check the 'Plan Type' column. If it's empty, you'll need to manually assign a valid plan type. To do this, use the Reorganize button located within the hamburger menu on the left side of the plan name.
Add Jira Issue Types into OnePlans Item Type Work Field
Within Jira, the available out of the box (OOTB) issue types of Epic, Task, Bug, Story, Sub-task. These options are not readily available within the OnePlan Item Type choice field and will have to be added for the integration to become bi-directional.
- Within OnePlan, navigate to the Configuration page by clicking on the Gear Icon toward the top right of the page.
- On the left navigation panel, select Fields.
- Expand Work Fields section.
- Locate Item Type field, click on the Paper & Pencil Icon on the right of the name. This will open the Edit Field window.
- Click on Click here to edit choices button. This will populate the existing options listed.
- Click Bulk Add Choices.
- Enter all relevant Jira issue types that will be brought into the OnePlan Backlog.
- Once all values have been entered, click OK. This will add the values to the list.
- Click Save. This will close the options list.
- Click Save. This will save and close the Edit Field window.
Value Mapping Recommended for Choice Fields
When syncing a choice field between Jira and OnePlan, it's common for the options within these fields to differ. If these values don't align, it can lead to errors or incomplete data. To avoid such issues, we advise using value mapping to ensure the choice field options are transformed to align with the program receiving the data.
Connecting Multiple Jira Integrations to OnePlan
Each integration is linked to a single Jira environment.
Authentication Keys & API Tokens
It is highly recommended to allocate a distinct OnePlan Authentication Key for each integration. This practice enhances security and ensures clear identification for each integration.
Unique Naming Convention
To facilitate synchronization and differentiation among the Jira environments, assign a unique name to each integration. This name serves as a distinguisher when exporting data from OnePlan. To set the Unique Name:
- Access Additional Options within OneConnect Integration section.
- Locate and complete the Button Name field, specifying the name that signifies the Jira organization being synched to.
- Click Save.
Complete the next steps only if Jira is already connected/installed into your OnePlan group.
- Access Reinstall within OneConnect Advanced section of the integration.
- Click Start.
Note: Reinstalling the integration will reinstall the events into the OnePlan integration section. If previously removed, please delete the event again.
Note: Please note that this section is no longer being considered a recommendation. Clients will have all relevant fields and options available to them via the Connected Systems window when initially attempting to connect to Jira.
For a plan that is created in OnePlan to be brought into Jira, the Jira Project Types filed must be filled in. To show the Jira Project Types field for any of the OnePlan Plan types used, it must be added to the Plan Details form.
Navigate to the OnePlan Configuration page.
On the left navigation panel, click Plan Details.
In the Plan Type dropdown, select the plan type you wish to add the Jira Project Type field to.
Locate the Jira Project Type field on the top left box and drag the field to the desired location.